Brush & Palette
2013 Club Calendar
The winner of the November mini-show is Raechel Bailey Kolb with her painting, “Cowgirl Hat”! Congratulations, Raechel!
Thursday, December 19 – PAINTING CRITIQUE – a panel of artists will offer suggestions to artists who bring their paintings in for critique.
Thursday, January 16, at the
Thursday, February 20, 1:00 at the Art Center, the club features a collage demonstration by Gayle Gerson entitled Easy Image Transfers (really!?) for mixed media work.
Gayle is a layerist, laying on piece upon piece of paper, ephemera, copies of photographs, newspapers, advertisements, and whatnot as an underlayer to her work so to record many things happening at once. Using this process with whatever subject matter she pursues, her aim is to create a cultural record embedded in the beauty of her art, a reference to what is happening in the world.
President – Katie Hill 241-0410 email@example.com
Vice President – Elise Lind 858-1199 firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary – Darcy Johnson 303 579-0127 email@example.com
Treasurer – Pat Richey 256-7777 firstname.lastname@example.org
Member Show – Linda Dembitsky 778-0321 email@example.com
Workshops – Bob Martin 242-9010 firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs – Vangie Hansen 985-5496 email@example.com
Newsletter/Publicist – open position
Membership Book Publisher - Darcy Johnson and Elise Lind
The Board of Directors serve as volunteers promoting the mission of the Brush & Palette club.
Brush & Palette Club Mission
- Encourage, within Grand Junction Colorado and surrounding communities, an appreciation of fine art.
- Provide members with opportunities to learn from other members, as well as from leading fine art professionals.
- Offer opportunities for members to benefit from interaction and friendship with other artists.
- Provide members with timely information about fine art activities and events within the community.
- Mount exhibitions of members two dimensional work.
- Financially support, whenever feasible, the Western Colorado Center for the Arts.
As a member of the Brush & Palette club, your dues contribute to goals of the above Mission. It is not inexpensive to provide these opportunities for you. Some of our costs include:
- Costs to provide you with a Membership book
- Payment to monthly demonstrators
- Meeting room rent
- Show expenses (gallery rent, promotion, awards, ...)
Membership in the Brush & Palette club is still a good deal at $25 per year, payable in Dec for 2013. You can pay at a club meeting by check on the club web site www.gjbrushandpalette.org or mail a check made out to Brush & Palette club to Pat Richey, Brush & Palette Club, PO Box 3632, Grand Junction CO 81502-3632.