Brush & Palette News
2013 Club Calendar
Notes from David Cook's Plein Air demo are attached. If you missed the demo, you really missed a good explanation of what is needed for painting outdoors along with the good humor and entertaining of David Cook.
June, July and August - summer break there will be no meetings scheduled. Paint on! See you in September!
Thursday, September 19 – Painting on Glass demo with Sallie Wysocki. Watch how she applies Americana gloss paint to glass surfaces (wine bottles, mirrors,…).
Thursday, October 17 - Watercolors trips and tricks. Nancy Lewis will demo how to be loose and wild with this medium so it almost paints itself. Learn to enjoy the surprises and how to avoid the failures. Did you know you can erase and modify a watercolor? She has many tricks up her sleeve which she is going share.
Thursday, November 21 – Pot-luck and PAINT ALONG – bring your paints and the board will participate with comments and helpful hints. This meeting will be held at the Artist Haven 240 North Ave. The pot-luck starts at noon, the PAINT ALONG from 1:00 until 3:00 p.m.
Thursday, December 19 – PAINTING CRITIQUE – a panel of artists will offer suggestions to artists who bring their paintings in for critique.
President – Katie Hill 241-0410 email@example.com
Vice President – Elise Lind 858-1199 firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary – Darcy Johnson 303 579-0127 email@example.com
Treasurer – Pat Richey 256-7777 firstname.lastname@example.org
Member Show – Linda Dembitsky 778-0321 email@example.com
Workshops – Bob Martin 242-9010 firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs – Wendy Haeger 243-5579 email@example.com
Newsletter/Publicist – open position
Membership Book Publisher - Darcy Johnson and Elise Lind
The Board of Directors serve as volunteers promoting the mission of the Brush & Palette club.
Brush & Palette Club Mission
- Encourage, within Grand Junction Colorado and surrounding communities, an appreciation of fine art.
- Provide members with opportunities to learn from other members, as well as from leading fine art professionals.
- Offer opportunities for members to benefit from interaction and friendship with other artists.
- Provide members with timely information about fine art activities and events within the community.
- Mount exhibitions of members two dimensional work.
- Financially support, whenever feasible, the Western Colorado Center for the Arts.
As a member of the Brush & Palette club, your dues contribute to goals of the above Mission. It is not inexpensive to provide these opportunities for you. Some of our costs include:
- Costs to provide you with a Membership book
- Payment to monthly demonstrators
- Meeting room rent
- Show expenses (gallery rent, promotion, awards, ...)
Membership in the Brush & Palette club is still a good deal at $25 per year, payable in Dec for 2013. You can pay at a club meeting by check on the club web site www.gjbrushandpalette.org or mail a check made out to Brush & Palette club to Pat Richey, Brush & Palette Club, PO Box 3632, Grand Junction CO 81502-3632.